Darfield Motel Canterbury – is one of the best motels to stay at located in the heart of Canterbury’s adventure playgrounds.
Darfield Motel Canterbury is only a 20-minute drive away from Christchurch Airport is only 30-minutes away from Christchurch city.
Darfield Motel is close to some of Canterbury’s best action activities, plus a stepping stone to the scenic West Coast of the South Island. Stop, take a breathe and relax before you experience what the South Island of NZ has to offer.
Some of the main activities close by are:
- Weddings and functions at Bangoor Farm
- Scenic drives to many award-winning Canterbury wineriest
- Ballooning / Gliding / Flights / Model plane displays
- Close to the Waimakariri and Rakaia Gorge for jet boating, trout and salmon fishing (including fly-fishing lakes and rivers)
- Access to Canterbury’s premium, nearby ski-fields and snowboarding areas
- Cycling trips galore!
Canoeing ans well as Coast to Coast or triathlon training ans accommodation
- Rock Climbing and alpine walks and tracks
- Gun club
- Hororata golf club
- Hororata games
- Kirwee Field Days
- The best ice-cream shop in town
- The best bakery in town
- Second-hand interesting shop
- Seasonal indoor area for kids and heated outdoor community pool
- Boutique gift shops and cafés
- Washpen falls scenic historic walk
- Garden tours
- Hair/beauty/florist for pampering etc
- Fruit and vege shop
- Liquour shop
- Takeaways are less than five minutes away
- Restaurants are close too, about two minutes walk
The Trans Alpine Train stops here – make a day of it – easy parking, walk to the railway station, stay the night make things easy and relaxing! Experience the West Coast of the South Island in style, all from Darfield Motel.
We are located just before the inland scenic route to Lake Tekapo, Queenstown, Wanaka – why don’t you plan your next stay, stop here and recharge.
Easy parking for motorhome and campervans – grey water and waste facilities nearby.
Electric car charging station.